For many, CyanogenMod – or other ROM – is the only way to take Marshmallow on their mobiles. Others may simply prefer extended functions and greater freedom of this popular ROM against their stock firmware. All of them are in luck, because the first version of CyanogenMod 13 considered stable is now available for download.
The builds for a list of devices are graced with this first release of CM13 they are currently in the queue to be compiled for 39 devices which include the Nexus 4, 5 Nexus, Nexus 6, Mi3, Mi4 and One Plus One, to name only a few. You can check the status from the CyanogenMod downloads.
Some of the new features of CyanogenMod 13 are already known travel. For example, as already expected, WhisperPush says goodbye. Is not the only function that vanishes: also makes it Quick Unlock, change of SIM multisim, the Advanced mode, It is now the default behavior and the options for quick settings, they are now integrated into the notifications panel.
CM13 offers more possibilities of customization and security, as new options to change the the status bar icons, folders protected with fingerprint or protected applications.
With regard to the applications included, includes the application of SMS messages from AOSP slightly modified, Snap Camera (only on some devices) and will soon be available a Application Pack for CyanogenMod, in a couple of weeks.
The list of mobile which will now receive your dose of CyanogenMod 13 official are now:
- Nook Tablet
- Nexus 6 p
- OnePLus One
- Nexus 5 X
- Mi3w and Mi4
- WileyFox Swift
- LG G2 AT & T, T-Mobile, international and Canada
- Nexus 7 2013 (deb)
- Oppo Find 7a and Find 7s
- Nexus 7 2013 (flo)
- Nexus 9
- LG Mini G2
- ZUK Z1
- Nexus 5
- LG G3 S
- LG G3 Beat
- Wileyfox Storm
- S5 Galaxy (China)
- Galaxy S5 S5 Galaxy and duets duets (China)
- Nexus 4
- Nexus 10
- Droid 4
- Mode E (2015)
- R7 Plus
- Galaxy S4 Mini (3G) and international
- Nexus 6
- Android One (4GB) and 8GB.
- Droid Razr
- Droid Bionic
- Motorola Razr
- LG Optimus L70 and L90.
Before you jump to install CyanogenMod 13 on your mobile you must take into account some considerations beyond the typical to install any ROM, depending on the different scenario in which you are:
- If you have 12.1 CM and Google Apps: You must upgrade first TWRP, flashing 13.0 CM and then Google Apps without restarting between stockings.
- If you have 12.1 CM and don’t use Google Apps: Update CM recovery or TWRP and then Flash 13.0 CM, without any other additional step.
- If you have CM 13.0 nightly: do not install this release version because it is a previous build and you’ll find blockades and closures when you try to use an earlier version of the database. If you still insist on doing so, you must delete all data.
- If you have a Nexus 6 p, 5 X or Nexus Nexus 9, You must make sure that you have installed the latest version of selling image of Google downloaded from here and Flash with fastboot flash vendor vendor.img. More information here.