Abbreviated by AbbreviationFinder, FIFA stands for Fédération Internationale de Football Association, which translated from French means’International Associated Football Federation’. As such, it is the highest regulatory body for football worldwide. FIFA was founded in 1904, and its headquarters are located in the city of Zurich, in Switzerland. It is the institution responsible for organizing and governing the football federations of the different countries on five continents. Today, FIFA is made up of 209 federations and associations, which means that it has seventeen members more than the United Nations Organization.
Also, FIFA is responsible for the organization of soccer tournaments and world championships in its different branches and categories, which includes youth, women’s tournaments and the World Cup, an event held every four years.
FIFA is also part of the International Football Association Board (IFAB), formed by the four football associations of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), which is the institution in charge of setting and modification of the rules of the game. FIFA organized its first soccer world championship in 1930, in Uruguay, and since then it has held twenty more world championships, not counting women’s and youth. Today FIFA has become an international organization of great projection and impact in the world.
Feminism is a social movement that demands equal rights of women against men. The word comes from the Latin femina, meaning ‘woman’, and consists with the suffix – ism , denoting ‘doctrine’ or ‘movement’. Feminism, today, is constituted as a current of thought that brings together a set of movements and ideologies, both political and cultural and economic, with the fundamental objective of achieving gender equality and the transformation of power relations between men and women.
In this sense, some conquests of feminist movements have been access to education, the right to vote, the protection of their sexual and reproductive rights, among many others related to citizen and democratic values. As such, feminism tends to be seen, from a chronological perspective, as a sequence of historical waves. However, these stages were preceded by various works of feminist tendency before, even, that this social movement was determined as feminism.
The first wave arises in various countries throughout the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, both in Europe, mainly England, as in the United States and other Latin American countries. At that time, women fought, in principle, for obtaining equal rights in marriage and then for the right to vote.
The second wave was determined by claiming family, sexual, labor and reproduction rights.
For its part, the third wave, covers from the 1990s to the present, and seeks to amend the errors of the second wave. Consequently, it seeks to demonstrate that women can assume various risks and obligations, develop in multiple spaces and be highly competitive and independent, therefore, it is related to the liberation of women.
In this sense, this third wave is sometimes referred to as “the struggle for the empowerment of women” through solidarity and support among them, expressed in sorority.
As radical feminism it is called the current of thought that proposes to end patriarchal dominance, that is, male supremacy, through the opposition of gender roles and a complete social restructuring.
This current originated in the United States during the seventies of the twentieth century, after various political, social and intellectual movements, when women set out to fight for themselves against the social inequality caused by the domination of men over women.
Some criticisms that are made of the so-called radical feminism is that it ends up incurring attitudes of the feminine, that is, contempt and discrimination towards man and what it represents.
Feminism and machismo
Feminism is a current of thought that arises with critical and vindictive purposes of the role of women in traditionally macho or patriarchal societies, and their main objective is equal rights between men and women.
The sexism, meanwhile, comprises a set of attitudes, behaviors, practices and beliefs that deny equal rights of women in society and establishing social structures of male supremacy.
As such, it manifests independently of culture, tradition or religion. It is precisely this type of behavior that has led to female emancipation through the feminist movement.
- Armstrong County, Texas - Armstrong County, Texas is located in the Panhandle Plains region of the state and covers
- Daggett County, Utah - Daggett County is located in the northeastern corner of the state of Utah and is
- Amirkabir University of Technology (AUT) - According to abbreviationfinder, Amirkabir University of Technology is commonly known as AUT. Amirkabir University of Technology
- American International University (AIU) - According to abbreviationfinder, American International University is commonly known as AIU. American International University (AIU) was
- Chittenden County, Vermont - Chittenden County is located in the northern part of Vermont, bordering New York to the
- Alleghany County, Virginia - Alleghany County, Virginia is a rural county located in the western portion of the state.
- American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO) - According to abbreviationfinder, American College of Radiation Oncology is commonly known as ACRO. The American College
- Benwood, West Virginia Population, Schools and Places of Interest - Benwood, West Virginia is a small town located in the northern panhandle region of the
- Albany, Wisconsin Population, Schools and Places of Interest - Albany, Wisconsin is a small town situated in the beautiful rolling hills of Green County.
- Blackstone, Virginia - According to jibin123, Blackstone, Virginia is a small town located in the south-central part of