Abbreviated by AbbreviationFinder, FIFA stands for Fédération Internationale de Football Association, which translated from French means’International Associated Football Federation’. As such, it is the highest regulatory body for football worldwide. FIFA was founded in 1904, and its headquarters are located in the city of Zurich, in Switzerland. It is the institution responsible for organizing and governing the football federations of the different countries on five continents. Today, FIFA is made up of 209 federations and associations, which means that it has seventeen members more than the United Nations Organization.
Also, FIFA is responsible for the organization of soccer tournaments and world championships in its different branches and categories, which includes youth, women’s tournaments and the World Cup, an event held every four years.
FIFA is also part of the International Football Association Board (IFAB), formed by the four football associations of the United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland), which is the institution in charge of setting and modification of the rules of the game. FIFA organized its first soccer world championship in 1930, in Uruguay, and since then it has held twenty more world championships, not counting women’s and youth. Today FIFA has become an international organization of great projection and impact in the world.
Feminism is a social movement that demands equal rights of women against men. The word comes from the Latin femina, meaning ‘woman’, and consists with the suffix – ism , denoting ‘doctrine’ or ‘movement’. Feminism, today, is constituted as a current of thought that brings together a set of movements and ideologies, both political and cultural and economic, with the fundamental objective of achieving gender equality and the transformation of power relations between men and women.
In this sense, some conquests of feminist movements have been access to education, the right to vote, the protection of their sexual and reproductive rights, among many others related to citizen and democratic values. As such, feminism tends to be seen, from a chronological perspective, as a sequence of historical waves. However, these stages were preceded by various works of feminist tendency before, even, that this social movement was determined as feminism.
The first wave arises in various countries throughout the nineteenth and twentieth centuries, both in Europe, mainly England, as in the United States and other Latin American countries. At that time, women fought, in principle, for obtaining equal rights in marriage and then for the right to vote.
The second wave was determined by claiming family, sexual, labor and reproduction rights.
For its part, the third wave, covers from the 1990s to the present, and seeks to amend the errors of the second wave. Consequently, it seeks to demonstrate that women can assume various risks and obligations, develop in multiple spaces and be highly competitive and independent, therefore, it is related to the liberation of women.
In this sense, this third wave is sometimes referred to as “the struggle for the empowerment of women” through solidarity and support among them, expressed in sorority.
As radical feminism it is called the current of thought that proposes to end patriarchal dominance, that is, male supremacy, through the opposition of gender roles and a complete social restructuring.
This current originated in the United States during the seventies of the twentieth century, after various political, social and intellectual movements, when women set out to fight for themselves against the social inequality caused by the domination of men over women.
Some criticisms that are made of the so-called radical feminism is that it ends up incurring attitudes of the feminine, that is, contempt and discrimination towards man and what it represents.
Feminism and machismo
Feminism is a current of thought that arises with critical and vindictive purposes of the role of women in traditionally macho or patriarchal societies, and their main objective is equal rights between men and women.
The sexism, meanwhile, comprises a set of attitudes, behaviors, practices and beliefs that deny equal rights of women in society and establishing social structures of male supremacy.
As such, it manifests independently of culture, tradition or religion. It is precisely this type of behavior that has led to female emancipation through the feminist movement.
U.S. Counties by State
- Butler County, Alabama
- Juneau Borough, Alaska
- La Paz County, Arizona
- Calhoun County, Arkansas
- Contra Costa County, California
- Boulder County, Colorado
- Tolland County, Connecticut
- Kent County, Delaware
- Calhoun County, Florida
- Barrow County, Georgia
- Honolulu County, Hawaii
- Blaine County, Idaho
- Calhoun County, Illinois
- Brown County, Indiana
- Black Hawk County, Iowa
- Brown County, Kansas
- Bell County, Kentucky
- Bienville Parish, Louisiana
- Knox County, Maine
- Cecil County, Maryland
- Hampden County, Massachusetts
- Baraga County, Michigan
- Blue Earth County, Minnesota
- Calhoun County, Mississippi
- Bates County, Missouri
- Cascade County, Montana
- Box Butte County, Nebraska
- Humboldt County, Nevada
- Merrimack County, New Hampshire
- Essex County, New Jersey
- De Baca County, New Mexico
- Chautauqua County, New York
- Beaufort County, North Carolina
- Burke County, North Dakota
- Belmont County, Ohio
- Bryan County, Oklahoma
- Crook County, Oregon
- Blair County, Pennsylvania
- Kent County, Rhode Island
- Beaufort County, South Carolina
- Brule County, South Dakota
- Campbell County, Tennessee
- Atascosa County, Texas
- Duchesne County, Utah
- Grand Isle County, Vermont
- Arlington County, Virginia
- Columbia County, Washington
- Calhoun County, West Virginia
- Burnett County, Wisconsin
- Fremont County, Wyoming
- University of Vermont - The University of Vermont (UVM), located in Burlington, stands as a notable institution of higher education in the picturesque state of Vermont. Established in 1791, UVM is one of the oldest universities in the...
- Yiwu, China - Yiwu, a vibrant city situated in the Zhejiang Province of Eastern China, has gained international acclaim as the “World’s Small Commodity Market.” Renowned for its expansive wholesale markets, cultural heritage, and economic dynamism, Yiwu...
- Meanings of Acronym JP - According to AbbreviationFinder, the acronym “JP” is a versatile abbreviation with various meanings depending on the context in which it is used. In this comprehensive exploration, we will delve into the multiple interpretations and...
- Meanings of Acronym LK - According to AbbreviationFinder, the acronym “LK” is a versatile abbreviation with various meanings and interpretations across different contexts. It can refer to concepts and entities ranging from geographical locations and technology terms to cultural...
- Comptche, California - Comptche, California is a small unincorporated community located in Mendocino County. Nestled amidst the scenic beauty of Northern California, Comptche is characterized by its lush landscapes, rolling hills, and serene atmosphere. With a population...
- Star, Idaho - Star, Idaho is a charming and rapidly growing city located in the Treasure Valley region of Idaho. Nestled in Ada County, Star is surrounded by picturesque landscapes, including the Boise River to the south...
- Meanings of Acronym NI - According to abbreviationfinder, the acronym “NI” is a versatile abbreviation with various meanings and interpretations across different domains, depending on the context in which it is used. In this comprehensive exploration, we will delve...
- Hanoi, Vietnam Geography - Hanoi, the capital city of Vietnam, is located in the northern part of the country. The geography of Hanoi is characterized by its position in the Red River Delta, surrounded by rivers, lakes, and...
- Meanings of Acronym PC - According to abbreviationfinder, the acronym “PC” has a multitude of meanings and applications across various fields and contexts, reflecting its versatility and adaptability. In this comprehensive exploration, we will delve into the diverse meanings...
- Meanings of Acronym F2 - According to abbreviationfinder, the acronym “F2” holds various meanings and applications across different fields, industries, and contexts. Depending on the specific context, “F2” can represent subjects ranging from meteorological terms and computer keyboard functions...