Lightning Definition and Meaning
With etymological origin in the Latin word scintilla, the idea of centella can be used to name a spark or lightning bolt. It should be noted that sparks are particles that are ignited, while lightning bolts are electrical sparks or lines of light.
For example: “A lightning bolt caused the death of dozens of sheep”, “The lightning and lightning illuminated the sky”, “The child was surprised to discover a lightning bolt in the clouds. “
In this context, the notion is often used to refer to a phenomenon that occurs in the framework of an electrical storm. It is a spherical luminosity that remains in the sky, unlike the more frequent rays.
In the colloquial language, someone or something that moves quickly is named as a lightning bolt: “The motorist crossed the goal like a lightning bolt”, “The young man, like a lightning bolt, got up and reached the door in a fraction of a second ”.
According to DigoPaul, the expression “lightning and flashing”, on the other hand, is used to curse or expressing concern or fear: “Lightning and flashing! The prisoner has escaped ”, “ Lightning bolts! The vehicle has run out of brakes! ” .
Centella, on the other hand, is the name of a genus of plants that belongs to the family group Apiaceae. There are dozens of species known as centella: one of the most popular is the gotu kola, also known as Gotu kola.
Used as a medicinal herb, gotu kola is attributed numerous healing properties that benefit our body. It originated in India and is found mainly in humid areas, the most suitable for its growth and development.
The medicine traditional gotu kola has been using for more than three millennia, and some of the reasons are:
* It has astringent, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antiulcer, antimicrobial, dermoprotective and healing properties;
* It is used for the prevention of cellulite, as well as for its elimination, and it is one of the natural products that gives the best results in these cases;
* serves to combat nervousness and anxiety;
* it is an effective remedy against dandruff;
* Since it promotes the production of collagen, its use is very common to delay skin aging;
* adequately complements treatments for concentration disorders and improves memory;
* can be used as a mouthwash to rinse the mouth and fight various infections;
* It is a good stimulant of blood circulation, ideal to avoid or minimize the appearance of hemorrhoids, varicose veins and phlebitis.
The list of benefits is even more extensive, and it should not be forgotten that it is a very versatile plant, since it can be applied for internal or external use. As in any other case, before choosing the pharmaceutical form it is necessary to evaluate the pathology or condition and inform us about the most appropriate one to treat it.
One of the most common forms is the infusion, which can be easily prepared using dried gotu kola leaves, approximately between 5 and 10 grams for 750 milliliters of water; This preparation must be dosed throughout the day. If one of the problems to be treated is insomnia, it is recommended to drink a cup of this infusion before sleeping.
It is also possible to buy this plant in capsule form with dry powder, which usually comes from the leaves, although the stem is sometimes included. In this case, it is advisable to take one or two capsules per day (each one provides between 300 and 500 milligrams of product).
For external use, it is possible to prepare plasters and poultices with gotu kola, or to include it in the preparation of soaps, toothpastes, mouthwashes, lotions, creams, shampoos, gels and eye drops, among other products.